liv_davies@hotmail.co.uk



she was a whore father


If you haven't seen Pretty Baby then I pre warn you that it is rather disturbing to watch. Made in 1974 by Louis Malle and stars the young VERY beautiful Brooke Sheilds as a 12 year old prostitute growing up in a whore house in 1917. Obviously this caused a lot of controversy especially the nude scene!. Anyway despite it being an uncomfortable watch, I really thought the costume was very inspiring. The short white and cream dresses with black stockings, the frills, the ruffles, the petticoats, the dresses with bloomers showing  and of course the pined back hair, sort of made me forget about the storyline and want to be a whore. A chatacter who's name I do not know plays a Parisian whore whos always in fancy dresses, man are they beautiful!. I really don't know what my problem is, I a l w a y s seem to be inspired or at least impressed with the whole whore costume.

8 comments:

  1. I love Pretty Baby (except the virginity scene), but i love the costumes and Brook Shields is so STUNNING!! Absolutely gorgeous. I love 'whore' costumes. There is a show set in the western times called 'Deadwood', and the working girl costumes are gorgeous, especially the richer ones.

    www.leiaburns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I need to rent this movie STAT, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i havent seen it but they say its really bad since shes a little girl and all that.
    but i do wanna see it, awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are always there with tons of great posts, i'm so glad i found you... and so i gave you a little award on my blog if you happen to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love movie recommendations and damn girl, this one I'm renting!! Why haven't I heard about this one before??

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, Brooke Sheilds looks gorgeous!
    and I know what you mean about the whore wardrobe - it always looks really appealing but I guess it's like that only in movies. it's not so fancy in real life.
    thanks for the comment you made on my blog a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched this movie but it seems really good! Disturbing, but good lol


    You got lookbook?! Yay! :D Here's the link to my profile:
    http://lookbook.nu/user/164873-Ire-A
    http://voguishblog.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to rent it!!!
    thanks for sharing, I'm a movie addict!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

on all the blogs in all the sphere you had to click on mine-thanks <3